TOP REASONS TO STAGE A VACANT HOUSE FOR SALE
4. INTENSIFY A FIRST IMPRESSION
Home staging is the art of preparing a home for market to give the best possible first impression (and lasting impression) to prospective Buyers resulting in a quicker sale and higher profits. Simply stated, "There is NO second chance at a first impression."
- There is NEVER a second chance to make a first impression.
- Vacant or cluttered homes are especially difficult for Buyers to visualize themselves living in.
1. QUICKER SALE - statistical proof evidenced by two (recent) studies:
2. HIGHEST SELLING PRICE - in the shortest time
Recent statistics submitted by Coldwell Banker Marketing (Feb 2012) "...shows that 94% of homes staged sold in 29 days or less, compared to an average of 145 days for homes not staged."
A study promoted by The Real Estate Staging Association (February 2010) released the following statistical findings as follows:
87 VACANT HOMES PREVIOUSLY ON THE MARKET
- Listed, unstaged: 277 average days on market (DOM)
- Same homes, listed and staged: 63 average DOM
- Those homes sold in 77% less time on market after staging
- Listed 263 average DOM
- Same homes staged, listed, sold in 60 average DOM
- Sold in 77% less time on market after staging
HOMES STAGED FIRST, THEN LISTED
- 167 occupied homes sold on average in 39 days
- 117 vacant homes sold on average in 42 days
126 OCCUPIED HOMES PREVIOUSLY ON THE MARKET
According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR):
- "Homes that sold in the first 4 weeks averaged 1% more than the list price."
- "Homes that sold 4 to 12 weeks averaged 5% less than the list price."
- "Homes that sold 13 to 24 weeks averaged 6.4% less than the list price."
3. STAGE FIRST - DON'T LOWER THE PRICE and continue paying burdensome monthly carrying costs (mortgage, utilities, maintenance, etc.); according to the NAR:
- "...the average staging investment ranges between 1% and 3% of the home's listing price, which generates a return of 8% to 10%."
- Homes devaluate approximately 1% each month they are listed for sale and that adds up quickly.
- Comparing the investment in staging a home with the combined financial detriment of both devaluation and carrying costs, one can only conclude STAGE FIRST and MAKE MORE MONEY!
5. A FINAL WORD SUPPORTING THE NEED FOR STAGING
Please Scroll Down
Copyright © 2014 :: Elam and Ashton Staging :: Dallas, TX :: All Rights Reserved
Fort WORTH MetropleX
- A beautifully staged home stands out from its competition and, consequently, spends less time on the market.
- "And that statement is as true today as it was all the way back in 1973, when I developed the concept of staging."
- to quote B. Schwarz of Accredited Staging Professionals, ("ASP"), "The investment IN staging your home will always be less than a price reduction ON your home!"